Human Resources Specialist - Project Amistad
The incumbent provides administrative support to the Chief People Officer on all personnel matters, responsible for coordination of Time and Attendance, and assists with payroll processing.The incumbent reports to the Chief People Officer and assists and advises management about Human Resources issues. Additionally, incumbent represents the agency regarding human resources issues with other agencies and organizations such as EEOC, DOL, OSHA, DOT, TxDOT, and others.
Due to access to personnel records, the incumbent must maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists the Chief People Officer in complying with local, state, and federal laws and regulations regarding employment practices, policies, and procedures.
2. Coordinate all logistics regarding the process to interview applicants such as advertising positions, processing applications, setting up interviews, conducting background checks, process applicant if hired, and assist the new employee to complete all required forms.
3. Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
4. Responsible for the benefits program and for keeping employees informed about changes as they occur, which may include collecting and submitting employee information and notice of change in status to health, dental, life, disability, and other insurance carriers or insurance brokers.
5. Conducts the initial orientation and training process for new employees.
6. Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
7. Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
8. Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
9. Maintains employee records current, consistent, and accurate.
10. Responsible for processing Time and Attendance reports accurately and on schedule.
11. Assists with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
12. Assists with processing of terminations.
13. Completes required reports related to Human Resources or as required by various program contacts.
14. Maintains accurate training records in HRIS system.
15. Promotes the agency at community fairs and makes presentations promoting the agency as assigned.
16. Attends self-development sessions as assigned to improve knowledge of functions related to this position.
17. Assists the Chief People Officer with various research projects and/or special projects.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and two years of Human Resource experience.
2. Must possess one of the following certifications: PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
3. Has the ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of intricacies of human resources skills such as (but not limited to) management of employee benefit programs, personnel file management, ADP system, processing employees from interview of new employee to exit interview of employee and all necessary steps in between.
6. Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. as training equipment and materials will need to be transported to presentations.
7. Have access to vehicle to travel to meetings and presentations and have current driver’s license with proof of personal insurance meeting state insurance requirements.
For more info & to apply please click here
Work Location(s): El Paso, TX, US
ADP is hiring a Human Resource Business Advisor (HRBA). The Human Resource Business Advisor (HRBA) is a Human Resources subject matter expert interfacing with ADP clients to provide HR advisory support and service to both address on demand/urgent issues as well as help to strategically drive results. HRBAs deliver detailed HR best practice advice and information around regulations and provide clients with practical guidance through the HR management processes across the HR lifecycle. HRBAs also play a key role in ensuring client engagement across ADP’s products and services.
HRBA’s provide inbound and outbound virtual client on-boarding/training in the same respect as the HR Solutions Specialist counterparts, in addition they are highly focused on HR projects and research, including content, training and other development projects to increase their HR knowledge and experience. They provide on-demand HR consultation and advice to clients through email and phone, working closely with their more Sr. counterparts, team leads and management to assist in resolving more complex HR issues for clients.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
For more info & to apply please click here
EPSHRM Non Members, please note that an invoice for payment will be shared with you via e-mail and must be paid in full before the position will be placed on our site.
Positions are placed on the website for 30 calendar days. If ads are closed by customer's request before 30 days, fees will not be prorated, and no money will be refunded.